By default, Magento store will automatically index all the content of the pages to speed up accesses to them. However, as editing or customizing your web store content, you need to re-index the data so that changes can be displayed on the front-end. Magento system will send you the notification if you have to re-index your data. Even in the sample data of installation, it can only be shown as being re-indexed. This tutorial will show you how to re-index your Magento website.
1. Login to the backend of your Magento store.
2. From the Admin dashboard, navigate to System > Index management.
3. Explore the Index Management section:
- You will see in the Status column the status of Ready or Reindex Required.
- Click the Reindex Data link in the Action column.
- As finishing, click Submit.
4. When the re-index process finishes, you will receive a message from Magento and the Status will be changed into Ready.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions, please comment below to let us know.