Magento 2 store supports users with variable functionalities. One of them is Multiple stores allowing users to create numerous stores on just only one configuration. This means all your stores will share the same backend for effective and convenient administration although they have the different or same domain.
- The 5 Best Magento Hosting Companies Compared
- How to install Magento 2 on Xampp localhost step by step
- How to install Magento using Softaculous software
This tutorial will guide you through the process of setting up multiple stores in Magento 2.
1. In order to determine the store place, you have to select the store domain. For each store created, you have to place the store one level below the primary domain or set up a subdomain of your primary domain. You can also set up a different primary domain.
2. Login to the backend of your Magento 2.
3. From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Stores > Settings > All Stores.
4. Click on the Create Store button.
5. Select the parent Website of the new store. Use the default Main Website if there is only one.
Enter the Name of the new store.
In the section of Root Category, set the root category for the main menu of the store.
6. Click Save Store to continue.
7. Click the Create Store View.
- Assign Store from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Name for store view.
- Enter the Code for the store.
- In Status, select Enable.
- Enter the Sort Order to positioning the new store.
- Click Save Store View to continue.
8. From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration > General > Web.
9. Choose Store View to check new store added.
Click Ok if everything is fine.
10. Explore Base URLs section:
- Clear the Use Website checkbox,
- Change the Base URL
- Open the Secure Base URLs as needed.
Click Save Config. to complete.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. Please comment to let us know is you have any further questions on this topic.