Payment method, in general, is also considered to be one of the most crucial factors to enhance customers’ loyalty. PayPal is undoubtedly the most famous and professional online payment service in the world for all the online store. Using PayPal, furthermore, is really convenient for the customers.
Related tutorial: How to setup currency in Magento 2
1. Working on PayPal Business account
The first thing to consider is whether you have a PayPal Business Account or not. The Online store PayPal payment set up can only start if you have one already. PayPal Business Account offers you with three plans to choose as following:
In your PayPal Business Account:
- Navigate to Service Settings > Hosted Checkout Pages > Set Up Menu.
- Configure as follow:
- Set AVS to No.
- Set CSC to No.
- Set Enable Secure to Yes.
- Click Save to apply all the configuration set up.
Users are also allowed to customize the layout by clicking on Customize section on the top and navigate to Layout C. Click Save and publish to save the layout.
You are recommended by PayPal to create a new user in this case to ensure the security safety.
2. Set up PayPal payment on Magento 2
Login to the back-end of your Magento 2.
From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Store > Setting > Configuration.
On the panel appears, choose Sales > Payment Method.
In the section of Merchant Location, choose the country that your store is located in from the box of Merchant Country.
Explore the section of PayPal All- in- one payment Solution.
In order to set PayPal payment as the correct payment method for the store, click Configure button under the PayPal plan of yours.
Three sub menus will appear as clicking including Required PayPal Settings, Basic Settings- PayPal Payments Advanced and Basic Settings- PayPal Express Checkout.
In the Required PayPal Setting:
- Fill in all the box of Email Associated with PayPal Merchant Account, Partner, Vendor, User and Password.
- In the Test Mode box, you can choose Yes first to test the run and then change to No when everything runs well and is ready.
- In the box of Use Proxy, change to Yes if your system connects PayPal through a proxy server. Then, the system will require you to configure IP address and port number.
- In the section of Enable This Solution, select Yes to turn on the solution. This function also offers customers with PayPal credit.
In Basic Settings- PayPal Payments Advanced:
- In the box of Title, fill in Credit Card or Debit Card to go through PayPal at checkout.
- In the box of Sort Order, set the order of the payment method as customers go to checkout page.
- In the box of Payment Action, choose between Authorization and Sale to either agree with the order and receive money by agree manually in the back-end or allow the system to automatically get money from clients account respectively.
- Scroll down to explore the Advanced Settings:
- In the section of Payment Applicable Form, set All Allowed Countries to accept payment from already specified countries in the configuration. Set Specific Countries to accept payment from specified countries only. Hold Ctrl to select multiple countries.
- In the section of Debug Mode, set Yes to write communications into the log file with the payment system. The log file is: payments_ payflow_ advanced.log.
- In the section of Enable SSL, set the verification to Yes
- In the section of CVV Entry is Editable, set Yes to allow customers to be able to correct the three digits CVV security code entry.
- In the section of Require CVV Entry, set Yes to require customers to enter CVV code.
- In the section of Send Email Confirmation, set Yes to send a confirmation of payment to the customers.
- In the section of URL method for Cancel URL and Return URL, set to determine the method used to exchange information with PayPal server. Set GET to retrieve information of a process result (default mode). Set POST to provide a block of data to a data-handling process. The Cancel and Return URLs refer to pages that the customer returns after completing the process or cancels the payment part of the checkout process on PayPal server.
- Full fill Settlement Report Settings and Frontend Experience Settings as needed.
In the section of Basic Settings- PayPal Express Checkout:
- In the box of Title, it is recommended to set the title to PayPal for the store view.
- In the section of Sort Order, enter the number to determine the sequence that Express Checkout appears as listed with the other methods. The payment methods may appear in ascending order with 0 will be on top.
- In the section of Set Payment Action, choose either Authorization Approves to approve the purchases but put a hold on the fund until it is captured by the merchant or Sale to authorize a number of purchases and immediately withdraw from the customers’ account.
- In the section of Display on Product Details Page, set Yes to display the Checkout with PayPal button.
- Scroll down to explore Advanced Settings section.
- In the subsection of Set Payment Applicable Form, set Yes to allow PayPal Express Checkout in both shopping cart and mini cart.
- In the subsection of Set Payment Applicable From, set All Allowed Countries to accept payment from all configured countries or set to Specific Countries to limit the payment acceptance from only the specified countries.
- In the subsection of Debug Mode, set Yes to write communications into the log file with the payment system. Credit card information will not be recorded into the log file.
- In the subsection of Enable SSL Verification, set Yes to enable host authenticity verification.
- In the subsection of Transfer Cart Line Items, set Yes to display the full summary of the customer’s orders by line item from the PayPal site.
- In the subsection of Skip Order Review, set Yes to allow customers to complete their transaction from PayPal site without returning to Order Review in your Magento 2 store.
Hit the Save button to apply all the process.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any inquiry for this topic, fell free to leave us some comments.