Compared to Magento 1, Magento 2 store offers users with some unique feature including import and export products data allowing stores owners to add, update, replace or remove the entities. The feature is noticeably time- saving compared to the manual method. Almost files in Magento 2 are Comma Separated Value files (CSV) which are suitable for import and export process. This tutorial will guide you through the whole process of importing and exporting Products data in Magento 2.
1. Products Import
1. Log in to the back-end of your Magento 2 store.
2. From the Admin sidebar, navigate to System > Data > Transfer > Import.
3. In the section of Import Settings, explore the Entity Type. From the drop down menu, select Products to start.
4. Click on Download Sample File and Save to start downloading.
5. Open file to view the content. Ensure that your CSV import file is exactly the same as the sample one. The size of the file could not exceed 2M.
Ensure the appropriate path for the images contained in the import data (pub/ media/ import). If the images come from the external source, ensure the full URL to the directory of the images.
6. Explore the Import Behaviour section:
- In the Import Behaviour, from the drop menu, select the action.
- Set the following field in Stop on Error or Skip Error Entries.
- Enter the number of errors to pause the import process in Allowed Errors Count.
- In the next two section, leave the default settings.
7. Explore the File to Import section:
Before select file to import, make sure that the file structure is invalid so that Magento system can properly import your product. You can download sample CSV file here
- Click Choose File button to choose the import product data file and click Open to start.
- In Images File Directory, enter the path to the uploaded images or the full URL to another server.
8. Click the Check Data in the upper right corner of working space and wait until the process is completed. Then the Import button will appear in Validation Results.
9. From the Admin sidebar, choose System > Data > Transfer > Import History.
2. Product Export
1. Log in to the backend of your Magento 2 store.
2. From the Admin sidebar, navigate to System > Export.
3. Choose Products in Entity Type.
Set up the filters and click Continue.
4. Now you can get your formatted CSV files with Magento 2.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions on this topic, please comment to let us know.