The Welcome Message is the text line shown in the upper right corner of the header involving the customer’s name as logging in. Unless the customer login to the page, the welcome message will be set to Default welcome message by Magento 2.
Surprisingly, Magento 2 allows users to modify the welcome message in its configuration. Changing the default welcome message to your customized one is one of the ways to make the page more customer- friendly and attractive. In this tutorial, we will go through the short process to change, edit or remove the welcome message for your Magento 2 online store.
- Login to the back end of Magento 2.
- From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Content > Design > Configuration.
- Select the store view to change the welcome message.
- In the column of Action, open the Edit mode.
- Scroll down to explore the section of Header.
- In the section of Welcome Text, edit the content for the store.
- Hit Save Config. button to save the process.
Once you have done all the steps above you may see the following message
One or more of the Cache Types are invalidated: Blocks HTML output. Click here to go to Cache Management and refresh cache types.
What we need to do now is clear cache. Click the Cache Management at the top to follow the instruction and refresh the cache or follow this tutorial to clear cache for Magento 2
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any trouble of applying it, please let us know by commenting below this post.