There are numerous online stores using Magento 2 operation including ones in United State as Magento 2 is surprisingly powerful and stable. As also being designed to be operated in America and some countries where the State, region or province, etc, are compulsory parts of a postal address, Magento 2 involves the state option into its operating system.
Related tutorial: How to edit default welcome message in Magento 2
Since the address format varies from one country to another, online stores from some other countries, however, consider the State Option is unnecessary for them so that they want to remove/ disable the State Option in Magento 2. In Magento, users are allowed to edit the address format for their invoices, shipping labels and packing slips. This tutorial will guide you through the process to remove State Option in check out page in Magento 2.
- Login to the back end of Magento 2.
- On the Admin sidebar, navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- Under the panel of General, select General.
- Scroll down to explore the State Option section.
In the State Option list:
- Choose the country where the State/ Region is required.
- In the box of Allow to Choose State if it is Optional for Country, select Yes if the state field is not compulsory including the optional State field, select No if the state field is not compulsory but omitting the State field.
Click Save Config. to save all the process.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions, please leave us your comment.