Magento 2 has the powerful function allowing users to explore sales growth by promotion application. Magento 2’s shopping cart price rules support a variety of different sales scenarios that are designed to impress the customers and boost your online store sales. The Cart Price Rules, different from Catalog Price Rules that allows you to discount your products before they are added to the customers’ cart, helps you apply the promotion in the cart of the customer directly.
You may interest: Top 5 best Magento hosting 2017 performance review
In this tutorial, we will show you the way to use the Cart Price Rules in Magento 2 to configure and create promotion in Magento 2. It is worth noticing that most of the configuration setting can be applied for the Catalog Price Rules.
Login to the back end of your online store.
On the Admin sidebar, navigate to Marketing > Cart Price Rules.
Click on the Add New Rule button on the upper right corner to add new promotion.
Explore the General Information and fill in the information required.
- In the box of Rule Name, type the name of the rule for internal record purposes.
- In the box of Description, fill in with the short description of the rule for the internal record purposes.
- In the Status section, changed into Active.
- In the section of Websites, select the store that you want to apply the promotion campaign.
- In the section of Customer Groups, select the group of buyers that are eligible for the promotion.
- In the section of Coupon, select Specific Coupon if your wish the customers to use coupon(s) for the promotion or No Coupon if you want the promotion to be reached as the conditions are met only.
- In the section of Uses per Coupon, you specify the frequency of a coupon using time. If the coupon is auto generated, this section can be set to 1. If the coupon is pre-defined, this field should be left blank or set up with high corresponding to the expected order count.
- In the section of Uses per Customer, you can restrict customers from getting a discount for several times by setting it to 1.
- In the section From Date/To Date, set the time period during which the promotion will be Active.
- In the section of Priority, if you have more than one rule for the same period of time, set the priority for the one. Notice that lower number presents higher priority.
- In the section of Public In RSS Feed, select Yes if you want to post the rule on your RSS Feed.
Explore the tab Conditions:
By exploring the tab Conditions, you can add conditions and sub- conditions for your rule(s). You are able to change the wording of a conditions as ALL to ANY and TRUE to FALSE.
In order to add new conditions, click on the “+” button and select the one you want to add from the drop- down list.
- In the section of Apply, select the discount method for the promotion campaign.
- In the Discount Amount section, select the discount amount.
- In the section of Minimum Qty Discount is Applied To, set the quantity of products that the discount can be applied to.
- In the section of Discount Qty Step (By X), you can choose your promotion method. If you select the Buy X get Y free type of promotion, you can specify the quantity of a product that the customers must buy in order to achieve the free Y item. If you run buy 2 get 1 free promotion, you should set this section by 2 and 1 in the discount amount. You can also use this in the choice of Percent of Product price discount type.
- In the section of Apply to Shipping Amount, select b if you want to apply promotion discount rule with the shipping cost.
- In the section of Stop Further Rule Processing, set Yes if you do not want to apply the other rules after this one.
- In the section of Free Shipping, choose the For matching items only if you do not want any shipping cost to be added for the products in the cart to which the rules applied.
Explore the Labels tab:
- In the section of Default Rule Label for All Store Views, set the label for your discount.
- In the section of Store View Specific Labels, choose the labels on the different store views of your Magento 2 website. This section is only applicable if you have multi-store view to be configured.
Click Save button to save the process of configuring the Cart Price Rule.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions about this topic, fell free to leave us some comments.