Magento 2 settings allowing users to import and export Table Rates Shipping which is defined to be the references with data for shipping rates calculation based on a combination of conditions such as weight, destination, price, the number of items, etc.
- How to configure Shipping Method in Magento 2
- How to Set Free Shipping for a Brand or Some Products in Magento 2
- How to disable State Option in Magento 2
- More Magento 2 tutorials
All the data is prepared in a spreadsheet that is imported to the store so that the result can be estimated and displayed in the shopping cart section as being requested by the customers.
This tutorial will guide you through the process of configuring Table Rates Shipping in Magento 2.
1. Login to the backend of your Magento 2 store.
2. From the Admin sidebar, navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods.
3. Explore the Table Rates section:
- In the Enable section, select Yes to apply the Table Rates Shipping method.
- Enter the Title for the table rates shipping.
- Select the Conditions to calculate the rates shipping.
- If the orders can include virtual products, select Yes in the section of Include Virtual Product in Price Calculation.
- Set Calculate Handling Fee to either fixed or percent and enter the Handling Fee if you want to charge an additional handling fee in the shipping payment.
- Select the suitable option for Ship to Applicable Countries: All Allowed Countries support for every country configured, Specific Countries support for the selected ones.
- Set Sort Order for the check out page.
Click Save Config. to continue.
4. Select Store View to go to the website(s):
- Click Export CSV button to save the file to your browser.
- Complete the spread sheet and remember to check the three character code for the Country column.
- Save the file.
- Come back to the Store View of Table Rates data, click Choose File button in the Import section to import the currently created file to Magento 2 store(s).
Click Save Config. to finish.
5. Go to the front end of your store and try to conduct an order to go to payment check out. Ensure the calculation for table rates shipping is appropriate and accurate.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions on the topic, please comment below to let us know.
Original source: Magento explorer