By default, Magento store will automatically decrease the inventory quantities as orders are placed. This function supports store owners in controlling their physical products. However, for virtual and digital products, it is unnecessary to keep track of stock quantity.
This tutorial for beginners will guide you through the process of turning the stock decreasing function off so that Magento store will not decrease your inventory as orders are placed.
1. login to the backend of your Magento store.
2. From the Admin dashboard, navigate to System > Configuration.
3. From the left-side panel, select Catalog > Inventory. Explore the Stock options section.
- In the section of Decrease Stock When Order is Placed, select No to turn the function off.
- Click Save Config to finish.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any questions on this topic, please comment below to let us know.