Magento 2 offer users with the special configuration in specific product settings page. One of the advanced settings that are worth to notice is Advanced Pricing including two types: Special price and Tier Price. Advanced Pricing helps you in creating a promotional campaign to attract more page visitors. The first type of Advanced Pricing is Special Price that is a discounted price and can be activated at the certain time configured by a user. the second type of Advanced pricing is tier Price that is offered price applied to all members in a certain customer group and store view.
- How to configure Shipping Method in Magento 2
- How to create Promotions campaign in Magento 2
- Best Magento hosting for 2017
This tutorial will guide you through the process of setting up Advanced pricing in Magento 2.
1. Go to the page of New Product or product edit mode.
2. Click on the tab Advanced Pricing.
3. The Group Price is supported by Magento 2 store. Click the button to choose:
- The Website to make the product available on.
- Customer Group to apply (Not Logged In, General, Wholesale, Retailer…)
- Price to apply for the group product.
Click Save to continue.
4. Choose the Special Price to apply.
Choose the start and finish date for the applying period of time.
Underneath, you can set the Tier Price campaign that allows you to set price differently for higher quantities purchased:
- Set A Website of Websites to select the one that you want the products to come from.
- Set Customer Group to choose which customers are targeted.
- Set Quantity to start the tier pricing.
- Set Price per item for the quantity specified.
5. Change the Enable Recurring Payment to Yes.
Explore the Recurring Payment section:
- In the section of Customer Defined Start Date, select Yes to allow customer choose the start date. Otherwise, the start date will be the purchase date.
- Enter the Schedule Description to show on the front end.
- Set the Maximum Payment Failure or leave the default system of canceling the item at the first failed payment.
- In the section of Auto Bill on Next Cycle, choose Yes to allow Magento 2 to charge the card for the missed payment in the next attempt of creating order. Otherwise, the subscription will be elongated by Billing period unit.
6. Explore the Billing section:
- Set the Billing Period Unit.
- Fill in the Billing Frequency.
- Set up Maximum Billing Cycles for the time the recurring profile continues.
7. Explore the Trial Period section:
- Set the Trial Billing Period Unit.
- Enter the Trial Billing Frequency.
- Set the limit for Maximum Trail Billing Cycles.
- Enter the Trial Billing Amount to specify the product price for the trial period.
8. Explore the Initial Fee section
- Enter the Initial Fee to define the additional charge for the start date of the recurring profile. Otherwise, the fee will be charged once only at the beginning of the whole period.
- In the section of Allow initial Fee Failure, select the Yes button to allow the recurring profile to continue despite the failed first payment. If No, it will automatically suspend the recurring profile.
9. Click Save button in the upper right corner of the page to save the whole process.
That comes to the end of our Magento tutorial. Please feel free to comment below if you have any trouble applying this tutorial.
Visit our Magento 2 tutorial section for the latest tutorial