In this Magento tutorial, we will cover the most crucial factor of your online store, which is your products. You will go through every single aspect concerning the store’s products including adding products into the store, product’s images management and product inventory checking in Magento 1.9.
1. Add Products to Magento Store
The products involvement is a straight forward process. The first assumption here is that the Product Categories and Attribute Sets are already created in the online store.
1. Login to the backend of your Magento store.
2. From the Admin Panel, navigate to Catalog > Manage Products.
3. Click on the Add Product button on the upper right corner of your working space.
4. Explore the New Product section:
- Select the Attribute Set.
- Select the Product Type.
Click Continue button to process.
5. As processing to the next section, you have to enter all the required information such as Name, Description, SKU, Weight, select Status of Enabled or Disabled and Tax Class, etc.
The attributes can be customed to the product(s) by clicking the Create new Attribute button.
Click Save and Continue to process to the next step.
6. Explore the Price section:
In this section, you have to enter the Price for the product and set the tax class from the drop-down menu.
You can also add additional options such as Tier Price or Special Price.
Click Save and Continue Edit to process to the next step.
2. Add Product Images
3. Product Inventory Checking
The product quantity information is located under the Inventory tab on the left side panel. Click on the Inventory tab and enter the required information about the stock availability of the product. In the section of Stock Availability, from the drop down menu, select In stock.
Click the Save button on the upper right corner to finish.
That comes to the end of the tutorial. If you have any further questions on this topic, please feel free to comment below to let us know.